I received this recipe from a friend who served this delicious bread at one of the kids end of year parties. Not only was it a hit with the adults, the children LOVED it. Lemon-Thyme bread is light, favorable and easy to make.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour (I used Whole Wheat Flour)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Confectioners’ sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Combine buttermilk and sour cream. Combine the flour, thyme, lemon peel, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk mixture, beating well after each addition.
- Transfer to a greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Cool completely; sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar. Yield: 1 loaf (12 slices).