I am always in search of ways to include the “SUPERFOOD” Spinach into our meals. Spinach is an excellent source of vitamin K, vitamin A, magnesium, folate, manganese, iron, calcium, vitamin C, vitamin B2, potassium, and vitamin B6, all offering many health benefits. This spinach lasagna packed a delicious flavor and best of all, my kids LOVED it. Enjoy!
- 1 (15 ounce) container fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen organic chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (I used 2% organic)
- 3 cups Trader Joe’s Organic Marinara Sauce (use sauce of your choice)
- 6 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1/4 cup water
- Mix ricotta cheese, spinach and 1 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Spread 1 cup pasta sauce in 2-quart shallow baking dish. Top with 3 lasagna noodles and half the spinach mixture. Repeat layers. Top with remaining pasta sauce. Slowly pour water around inside edges of baking dish. Cover.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 40 minutes Uncover. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese. Bake 10 minutes or until hot. Let stand 10 minutes.